Who moved my cheese?
This book is motivational and inspiration related. The author has described the main thing about the change we are facing day to day life. After reading this book, you would be able to accept the fact of change and will try to see positivity in all aspect of life corner. May you would be able to see the same situation in different angle and may be your point of view can changed. Over a time if one cannot accept the change then he would not be able to match himself with an outer world.After reading this book, you would be able to accept the fact of change and will try to see positivity in all aspect of life corner. Maybe you will be able to see the same situation in a different angle and may be your point of view can change.
This fable story is divided in three main part:
- A gathering at Chicago
- A group of student gathered at school for dinner and had the topic of conversation gets on ‘Change’
- Change – in career, life, relationship, work etc
- Michael is telling a story to their friends.
- The Story (The main core part of the book)
- The story involves four characters who lived in maze – two mice – Sniff and Scurry and two tiny people – Hem and haw
- They were happy and things were going good till they have their food ‘Cheese’ but a story is getting more interesting when they lost their food! The kind of so-called change came in their routine life and how they all four characters handle it.
- Scurry and Sniff quickly accept the loss of the cheese and go off into the maze in search of other sources for their food. Whereas the tiny people could not accept the fact, and because of their belief they felt that it is a kind of fraud happened to them. Meanwhile, the mice move on and find new cheese.
- Hem and Haw are not able to accept it and wait for the situation to become right. As They were afraid that if they might not get the food or if they might not get the cheese they used to have! In fact this was the fear of not able to adjust ourselves in different and not expected change! And things were getting more complex and finally Haw accepts the fact and move on in his life. He also returned back to make his friend understand but Hem is not able to understand or he was not able to accept the change came in his way and Haw finally go off to his track alone. But he learns through his way is more interesting. He actually enjoyed the change came his way and finds himself more active. Haw has a habit of writing a slogan on a wall each time whatever he learns and moves on. I would like to share it here in my next point.
- A discussion Later the same day
- When Michael finished story everybody thanked him for sharing such a wonderful story and everybody got a great deal out of it.
Author has tried to show all kind human mentality that how the different kind of people would look the situation when we lost a job or a relationship or any family crisis. And we believe that no this is the end of our world! But life all about to accept the change and move on.
The handwriting on the wall by Haw-
Anticipate the change
Monitor the change
Adapt to change quickly
Enjoy the change
Be ready to change quickly and enjoy it again.